Erie Community to Hear Local Author Yvonne Caputo’s Story of Compassion, Understanding, and Reconciliation in Upcoming Events
Caputo shares inspiring journey to rekindling a relationship desperately desired while unearthing hidden World War II stories in her book, Flying with Dad, and upcoming events in Erie and Meadville
NEWS RELEASE, ERIE PENNSYLVANIA (SEPT 23, 2021)
Local community members are encouraged to take part in an upcoming author and book signing event and be reminded of the power we each hold to building, maintaining, and rekindling relationships by attending one of the following free events which are open to the public.
- An in-person event at Jefferson Educational Society, 3207 State St., Erie, will take place September 30 from 12-1:30 p.m. and include luncheon program, book signing, and author Q&A. Registration is required. Visit www.jeserie.org/events or call 814-459-8000 for details.
- An in-person author book signing will take place October 2 at the Tattered Corners Bookstore, 247 Chestnut St, Meadville, from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. Books will be available for purchase on site.
- A virtual and interactive book discussion will take place October 13 in partnership with the Erie County Public Library. Visit events.erielibrary.org for more details.
During these events, community members will hear from Caputo and be inspired by her heart-wrenching and heart-warming story of striving to understand her father and him opening up about the experiences that both shape so many soldiers and get in the way of the rich relationships they and their children deserve. Caputo’s book, Flying with Dad, and her speaking engagements chart her journey to her father through the re-telling of why he went from repairing planes to being a B-24 navigator in WWII, how heavy German flak led to post-war nightmares, and why he suffered years of guilt after one particular bombing run over Unterschlauersbach, Germany.
Caputo’s book, Flying with Dad, is an Award-Winning Finalist in the Health: Aging/50+ category of the 2020 Best Book Awards sponsored by American Book Fest, and her story is valuable in the lives of many, including individuals who:
- Have a family member who served in the military, who perhaps saw war, and wondered what their experience was really like.
- Suspect there are past traumas that might be affecting his/her ability to open up.
- Wish he/she could feel closer and more connected to his/her mom, dad, or other family members but unsure how to.
“Having worked with thousands of clients who long for even one deep conversation with their parent, grandparent, or uncle about their World War II experience, this book [and Caputo’s story] will feel very relatable,” said William L. (Bill) Beigel, author of Buried on the Battlefield: Not My Boy. “For anyone who had a difficult relationship with their silent generation dad, this will be a comfortable and comforting read. If you’re lucky enough to have a World War II relative still living, this might give you the courage to ask the questions you’ve been wanting to ask.”
Caputo pulls readers and event attendees into her real-life story and shows how others can learn to understand, open up, and build deep and meaningful connections that no one will regret. Flying with Dad is available in paperback, hardcover, eBook, large print and audiobook. Event attendees can purchase a copy on site or online by visiting ingeniumbooks.com/yvonne-caputo.
About Ingenium Books
Ingenium Books, a global partnership publisher of award-winning nonfiction, aims to empower, enlighten, and enrich people’s lives by creating and publishing outstanding books that people love to write and read. Through guided support of its authors, the Ingenium Books team’s purpose is breathing life into ideas. Learn more about Ingenium Books at https://ingeniumbooks.com/.
About Yvonne Caputo
Yvonne Caputo has been a storyteller all her life. As a teacher, psychotherapist, corporate trainer, and consultant, she’s used stories to widen the eyes of her students, soften the pain in the hearts of her clients, and bring a point home for her audience. Caputo has master’s degrees in education and psychology, loves history and traveling, and lives in rural southeastern Pennsylvania with her husband and dog. Flying with Dad is Caputo’s first book, and she’s currently at work on her second, Dying with Dad. Learn more about Yvonne Caputo and her book at ingeniumbooks.com/yvonne-caputo.
# # #
High-resolution book cover art and author headshot available upon request.
Stephanie Feger, emPower PR Group 502-541-0494 email@example.com