We’re proud of the great work being done by our client, Kitty Karma Books, to
Update November 2017: The Kitty Karma Indiegogo campaign exceeded its goals and is now in “demand” mode.
Below, published with permission, is the news release announcing the project.
Tuesday September 26, Toronto:
That’s what Kitty Karma Books’ founder and publisher Wai-Lin Terry thought to herself just before epiphany struck. “Having seen so many books devoted to dogs, I thought it was time to have one devoted to cats,” said the former top Wall Street executive and volunteer at Toronto Cat Rescue. “After all,
And with that, Kitty Karma Books was born.
Toronto-based Kitty Karma Books’ mission is to elevate the lives of abandoned, unwanted and disabled cats and kittens. With help from the global cat-loving community,
To do this, Terry will launch an IndieGoGo crowdfunding campaign on October 1 to raise funds to cover publishing and production costs of Kitty Karma: Big Stories of Small Cats Who Change Our Lives. The campaign is live, and affords opportunities to sign up and get access to secret perks.
The book’s collection of stories, donated for free by nearly two dozen authors, will feature tales of adventure cats and feral cats; cats who are sailing on high seas off the coasts of New Zealand and Mexico; and a cat sanctuary located in a war zone. Readers will learn about a popular cat café in Ontario, Canada as well the first cat café in India.
The book will be published and available for sale in November. All net proceeds from book sales will be donated to support three incredible cat shelter charities – Il Gattaro D’Aleppo in Syria, ABay Kitties of Hawaii, and Whangamata CAT in New Zealand.
Kitty Karma: Big Stories of Small Cats Who Change Our Lives is a heart-warming and heart-rending collection of stories that unveils a world of cats rarely seen and rarely known, and the book’s remarkable editorial contributors are united by one simple thing: a fierce and passionate love for cats. Contributors include:
- Siglinda Scarpa: An Italian artist and animal rights activist founder and primary benefactor for cat sanctuary The Goathouse Refuge in Pittsboro, North Carolina.
- Alessandra Abidin: A Lebanese-born violinist with degrees in political science and international relations, who works in Switzerland and other countries in the field of immigration and war crimes.
- Lori Ostlund and Anne Raeff. The only writing couple to have individually won the Flannery O’Connor Award for Short Fiction.
“I believe that cats bless us when they favour us with their attention and the world is a better place when there is a cat at home and cat fur on our clothes,” concluded Terry. “The width, depth and breadth of joy a cat can bring into our lives is without measure.”
Kitty Karma’s recipient shelters
- Il Gattaro d’Aleppo’s Facebook page
- May 2017 NBC News Coverage of Mohammad Alaa Aljaleel, The Cat Man of Aleppo
- Abay Kitties on the Big Island of Hawaii
- Whangamata CAT Rescue, New Zealand
Kitty Karma Indiegogo Campaign
About Wai-Lin Terry and Kitty Karma Books
Wai-Lin Terry on LinkedIn
Kitty Karma Books: www.kittykarmabooks.com
Wai-Lin Terry, Founder & Publisher Kitty Karma Books
Boni Wagner Stafford, Ingenium Books